We will not collect any personal data about you or individuals accessing this Website or otherwise communicating or interacting with Al-Hani, except where: it is specifically and knowingly provided, where it is necessary for Al-Hani to process or hold for the purposes of the goods or services it provides and where there is a valid legal basis for doing so or an alternative separate privacy notice applies to such processing. Examples of personal data that you may provide to us when accessing this Website or when otherwise communicating or interacting with Al-Hani, and which we may collect and process, are:
- personal details such as: your name, address, email address, telephone number and occupation;
- employment details such as: specific employment information held such as length of service or employment history/ curriculum vitae where provided by you in relation to any application for a role made by you via this Website where you have applied for a role via the ‘Careers’ section on this Website;
- employee referrer name and email address details and name and email address contact details of prospective referral applicants for job applicant referrals where individuals being referred have provided explicit consent via a separate consent form referencing this privacy notice;
- details in relation to you or third parties in connection with insurance claims being pursued by Al-Hani or its insurers or being brought against Al-Hani by third party claimants including: name, home address, banking/payment details, claim and/or insurance details, vehicle registration details etc.
Al-Hani will also collect information about your computer, including where available and subject to your chosen cookie and privacy settings as made available on the Website your IP address, operating system and browser type and we may share non-personal aggregated statistics about our website visitors’ traffic patterns with authorised partners with a need to know namely, Google Analytics or Site Improve analytics or our authorised nominated web developer suppliers. However, we will not collect, sell or share any information about individual users.
Where we store your personal data:
All personal data you provide to us via the use of this Website is stored on systems with appropriate technical and organisational security measures and controls located in the State of Kuwait, which are sufficient to comply with the requirements under international Data Protection Laws. We will only store your personal data for as long as necessary for Al-Hani to process such personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with Al-Hani’s internal retention policies and procedures. In relation to, Al-Hani controlled CCTV footage, Al-Hani ensures such footage is only stored for as long as necessary for security purposes and unless otherwise required by law or for establishing, defending or responding to legal claims. The accuracy of the information that we hold about you is important to us. If any of the personal information we hold about you becomes inaccurate or out of date (e.g. a contact/contact information changes), or you object to or wish to restrict us processing it, please inform us as soon as possible using the contact details below, so we can update our records.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of the Personal Data:
We use personal data held about you for the following purposes:
- To send news updates to our Website subscribers. This may include press release announcements, financial results and other important news or alerts.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreement that we have with, or concerning, you and to provide you with the information, benefits and services that you request from us;
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on or via our Website;
- To contact you in order to send you information that you have asked us to provide such as newsletters or information on Al-Hani projects or initiatives either by email, telephone or via our ‘contact us’ page or which we think may be useful to you or to send marketing information to you only where you have explicitly consented to this via a separate consent form referencing this privacy notice;
- To notify you about our services and any changes to those services;
- To enable you to access information or to submit applications regarding potential roles at Al-Hani or career opportunities via the ‘Careers’ page accessible via this website and to enable us to review and respond to such applications where you have subscribed to such features via the Website and provided explicit consent via a separate consent form referencing this privacy notice;
- To enable you to set and access job alert preferences regarding potential careers opportunities via the Website where you have subscribed to such features and subject to explicit consent to such processing via a separate consent form referencing this privacy notice;
- To enable you to nominate job applicant referrals and enable us to process requests for job application from referred candidates subject to explicit consent to such processing via a separate consent form referencing this privacy notice;
- To store CCTV footage or records containing personal images at our sites or offices for security and safety purposes or for the purposes of potential investigations or legal or regulatory claims;
- To collect information such as, subject to your chosen cookie and privacy settings as made available on the Website, your IP address, operating system and browser type for the purposes of website analytics and sharing of non-personal aggregated statistics about our website visitors’ traffic patterns with authorised partners with a need to know namely, Google Analytics or Site Improve analytics or our authorised nominated web developer suppliers.
- Complying with our legal obligations, any relevant industry or professional rules and regulations or any applicable voluntary codes;
- Complying with demands or requests made by any relevant regulators, government departments and law enforcement authorities or in connection with any disputes or litigation;
- In connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change of entity managing website’s business;
- Manage, respond to and/or process insurance claims being pursued by Al-Hani or its insurers or being brought against Al-Hani by third party claimants.
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will not use any of your personal data for automated decision-making or profiling.
Disclosure of your Information:
We will share your information with the Al-Hani group of companies and, where relevant, their professional advisers. Where required by law or regulatory requirement, or where necessary to fulfil our contract with you, we may also share your information with:
- other companies who provide goods/services to us;
- our nominated recruitment and talent portal provider;
- our professional advisers and auditors;
- regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities, and insurance companies;
- any relevant ombudsman, dispute resolution body or the courts; and
- persons in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change in the Al-Hani business.
The transmission of information via email or the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; and any transmission is at your own risk.
Contact Us and Complaints: You may contact us in relation to the above rights on firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for subject access to personal data will be administered free of charge unless such requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive in which case we reserve the rights to charge a reasonable fee for administrative costs.
Links to Other Website: This Privacy Notice only applies to this Website and does not apply to any links within the site linking to other websites. We ask you to read the privacy notices on other websites you visit.
Changes to this Privacy Notice: This Privacy Notice is correct as at 29 August 2020, however we keep this Privacy Notice under regular review, and we reserve the right to change it at any time on notice to you.
We will email you to notify you of these changes where:
- we are making substantial changes, or
- where we are doing something with your personal data, which you might not expect based on what we have told you in this Privacy Notice.
Otherwise, any updates to this Privacy Notice will be notified to you by a clearly highlighted banner on the homepage of this Website.